Friday, February 25, 2011

Rainy Day Brews

It is a cold and rainy day in Santa Monica. Perfect background weather to start a blog. I've realized that over the past year and a half, (more like two and a half, but for this blog, I will start when I turned the legal drinking age of 21) I have traveled to dozens of breweries tasting a wide range of beers. I thought it was time to start documenting these trips, as they are starting to blur together. I am sure that has nothing to do with the consumption of alcohol, just the considerable number of breweries I have visited! I hope to keep all of my friends and family up to date on my very exciting life, no sarcasm intended. And for myself, a well documented journal of my beer adventures.

First stop, The Bruery in Placentia California. Austin and I are going down tomorrow for a Reserve Society Clusterfork tasting. The event is limited to 80 people and will include an epic bottle share, I'm sure. The Bruery plans to host small Clusterfork events throughout the year, to make up for the colossal clusterf*ck of the Reserve Society Party in January. Thankfully, my boyfriend believes in punctuality and made us show up an hour early for the party. We had an awesome time at the party, while others were less fortunate and waited in unreasonably long lines for a three ounce pour of Chocolate Rain, if they were lucky enough to guess the correct line to stand in.  As for me, I would have liked to have another pour of Barrel-Aged Two Turtle Doves, but no complaints about not getting my share of pours from each station (there were three set up throughout the venue). The 'bacon mac and cheese' grilled cheeses served by one of the food trucks gets an A in my book, and the overall event a B+ (not an A+, only due to the lines). I have a feeling tomorrow is only going to validate my love for The Bruery.

No comments:

Post a Comment